In need of 2.4 satellite dish (preferably second hand)
Posted: 14 June 2010 12:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-05-27

Hi,

Myself my husband and daughter are moving out to Spain in a couple of weeks and are in need of a satellite dish to catch the end of the world cup.  We will be located in between Valencia & Alicante.  I would be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks
Lucy

Posted: 14 June 2010 02:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

all the match on spanish tv , are get a bar , dish are not cheap here in spain and coming across then 2 nd hand will be hard
need two get in touch with satandpc due here

Posted: 15 June 2010 02:08 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

All World Cup matches on that are to be shown on the BBC can be seen using an 80cm dish - using their BBC Sports Red Button interactive service - using ANY (OK most!) digital satellite receivers.

ITV1 can also, with a sky card and sky receiver, be watched on an 80cm dish.

Just the free to air - ie no sky card required - versions of BBC and ITV require a “big dish”.

Most - not all, games are available on Spanish TDT…all games are available on D+ - Spains satellite subscription service

And Alicante to Valencia covers a BIG area, where reception varies greatly along that area - some areas near Valencia can get all channels 24/7 on a 1.8m dish - others areas closer to Alicante may struggle to get some of them 24/7!!

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory