Going from a pr?cticas contract to an intefinite
Posted: 14 June 2010 10:23 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-05-24

So I know this is a completely subjective question based on individual situations. But my company has hired me on a pr?cticas contract but have said they are interested in having me stay indefinitely for this.

Since I’m American and not an EU citizen would this make more sense for them? Does anyone else have experience going between the two contracts?

Posted: 15 June 2010 10:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-10-04

The advantage is for the company and not you. “Pr?cticas” contracts are more open to be abused by employers whereas an “indefinido” contract is beneficial to employees as it gives more security. Push for an “indefinido” contract if you can, although a bit difficult in the current economic situation, one that most companies are using to their advantage more and more.
Good luck.

Signature 

http://www.easylifespain.com

Posted: 20 June 2010 08:09 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-05-24
easylifespain - 15 June 2010 10:27 PM

The advantage is for the company and not you. “Pr?cticas” contracts are more open to be abused by employers whereas an “indefinido” contract is beneficial to employees as it gives more security. Push for an “indefinido” contract if you can, although a bit difficult in the current economic situation, one that most companies are using to their advantage more and more.
Good luck.

I’m aware the pr?cticas contract is less than ideal. But it’s the only thing I’ve gotten anywhere (USA included). But I was looking to get a little bit of career stability and just wanted to know if anyone had dealt with transitioning between the two contracts.