TEFL courses in Spain—most legit/worth the money
Posted: 12 July 2010 07:28 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-12

Hi, my name is Ashley.  I’m from the US and will be graduating w/ my BA in Spanish next Spring.  I’m planning on completing a TEFL course in Spain next summer, preferably in Madrid, but I’m having a hard time figuring out what programs will be recognized outside of Spain.  I want my certification to count as many places as possible.  I’m most interested in teaching English to kids/teens in Latin America eventually… So although CELTA programs seem to be the most recognized worldwide, they focus on teaching adults and that’s not my main interest.  Does anyone know if that would matter when trying to find a job teaching kids?  Or would most places just be glad to have someone with a certificate and a 4 year degree?  Also, is Canterbury a good program?  I’ve heard mix things about it.

I’d really appreciate any feed back, even if it’s just to direct me to another forum… I’m completely lost and my poor eyes are drying out from reading so many pages, all of which seem to have conflicting views… I just want to make sure any program I complete will be worth my time and money.  Thanks!

Posted: 12 July 2010 10:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-12

As you want to teach young learners why not do the CELTYL course. It’s like the CELTA but designed for teachers of young learners.  You should find a couple of different courses to attend in Barcelona or Madrid.  It might be harder elsewhere.  International House might run the course.  They’re reputable but not cheap!

Posted: 14 July 2010 01:30 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-12

I’ll have to check that out, thank you!