Spanish sim cards
Posted: 18 August 2010 05:07 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-08-18

Hi all.

I’m moving to Spain in several days and one of the first things I’ll have to do when I get there is to buy a Spanish sim card for my phone (it’s already unlocked so I’d be able to just pop a foreign card in there and it should work straight away).
At the current time I’m not sure how long I’ll be staying in Spain (2 months minimum) so probably don’t need to start looking at long term contracts just yet.
So does anyone have any advice on which sim card (company) I should buy. Pay as you Go is looking likely, and what are the charges? Sms and calls etc., I mostly use sms here in the UK as calls are expensive. As I’ll also be looking to send sms to non-Spanish phones, this is also a consideration.
I heard in general that Spanish mobile phone companies are a bit of a rip-off compared to the UK. E.g.- some even charge you for looking at your balance/credit, eeeek.

Once again, any help, info, advice etc. etc. greatly appreciated, however large or small. Thanks.

Posted: 07 September 2010 02:04 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

Depends where you are, because for PAYG a local reseller is often best… Going to have to stroll around local shops, have some chats and write down and compare tariffs. You ought to be able to get a good sim-only deal, but compared to UK you will find it expensive, especially if you require data services. Definitely shop around, and check prices for international texting carefully, for only 2 months some kind of bundle might suit you best,

BDPx

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com