LEGAL ISSUES WITH CAMPSITE
Posted: 06 July 2010 01:02 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-06

Hi everyone, i am new to this campsite so please hang on with me as it may take some time.
I live on a so called residential campsite just outside Murcia and have been here for a year now, when i came i paid my ?3000 euro ground rent.
I have now come up for my yearly renewal and stated to the owner of the campsite that i would like to pay monthly as i dont have the money upfront to pay yearly, he has basically turned me down completly saying that there is no way he can do it monthly as there is no contract set up or available so i can do this.
Yesterday in a text message he stated that if i rent was not paid by the 8th which is on Thursday then he is going to disconnect my electric and water supplies, untill the amount is paid in full.
I dont understand why the owner is being so unreasonable as i have the money to pay him his first months rent he just wont take it of me.
The other problem i have is that this is supposedly a residential campsite but used to be a touring site, something does not seem right about the situation and am having my doubts about if this is a legal site or not.
Any help would be much appreciated, i have kids and am worried sick, really dont want to go back to England.

Posted: 11 October 2010 06:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-11

Hi Tracy Lou & sorry to here about your current state of affairs but it is because of stuations like this & the fact we have been advised by many people never to buy a Mobile home on any site as there is always problems such as your experienceing & its because they know that they have u trapped that they can get away with it, plus because of the recession we have been made awair of property for sale & to rent at very good prices if its for long term & we even met one ex pat living in a 3 bedroom villa with all mod cons & a pool paying 300 euros a month on a 5 year contract. we have been offered 2/3 bedroomed apartments or town houses from 300 euros no pool to 450 with a pool & all within walking distance of all amenities in the village or to buy the same units we can rent to buy from ?158 euros per month to a mortgage of ?406 Euros for a 2 bedroom property to buy with a shared pool this is inland. We have now visited Spain on 5 occasions now staying in different parts but it made no difference where we went there was always some problems on the site with some residents in one way or another plus these days for not much more per month than what you pay for ground rent you can rent or buy if u rent you still have your capital if you buy its yours & no one can mess you about. Im sorry this may not help you directly but it maybe to your advantage to seell up if you can & rent or rent out your place longterm to get round it. Anyway hope you get sorted one way or the other.

Scottie Boy