Self Employed Taxes in Spain?
Posted: 29 October 2010 09:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-29

I just moved to Spain a few months ago and if anyone can help me with this, I’d really appreciate it!

I set up my own company in Ireland a couple of years ago. The company is registered for tax and VAT in Ireland. I was lucky enough to be able to bring my Irish clients/work with me when I moved here, so I work for my Irish customers from Spain.

So my question is, do I need to pay tax in Spain as well as Ireland? All of my income is from Ireland and I pay tax and VAT there already. I don’t earn any money in Spain but I’m resident here for more than 183 days a year.

If anyone can clear that up, it’d be great.

Posted: 03 November 2010 02:11 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-03

I have almost the same issue: I live in Spain. Have 50% share of an Ltd company and should start getting a salary. My accountant in Uk is unsure if I should take a salary in Uk or in Spain.
My company don’t have any client in Spain. How should I act? Should i register as autonomo in Spain and change to non resident director in UK?
Could you advise an expert accountant here in Barcelona?

Thanks

Posted: 03 November 2010 01:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-06-22

Blevins Franks have a good reputation and have offices in London and Spain, Barcelona included. I haven’t used them myself however.

Signature 

Architects and Eco Construction, Malaga, Marbella, Granada ..
http://www.ecovidainternational.com