Work help!
Posted: 28 September 2010 01:52 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-28

First of all, I don’t know if this is the right forum for my question; apologies if it isn’t.

My girlfriend and I have just moved to Spain, and we both have jobs as English teachers.  I have a full time job, and she has a part time one.  She was looking for extra work and had an interview for a job.  The owner said he would employ her as an autonomo only, but she already has a contract for her part time job.  So my question is, can you register as self employed if you already have a contract, and are employed by a Spanish company, albeit on a part time basis?

Thank you in advance!

Posted: 29 September 2010 12:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

bilbao ben,
what are your citizenships?
what job was she applying for?

Posted: 29 September 2010 01:24 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-28

We’re both EU citizens; I’m British, she’s Polish.  We both have NIE and Social Security number.  She has a part time job with a contract at a school as an English teacher.  Another part time job as an English teacher has been offered to her, but only on the proviso that she register as self employed.  So, can you register as self employed for one job, and have a contract and be employed for another?

Posted: 30 September 2010 10:11 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

bilbaoben,
your wife can go to hacienda and register herself as self employed.
from then on, she can issued invoices for services rendered.
the company keeps 15% and forwards it to hacienda.
she can get that back when she files her annual income tax returns.
she does not have to be autonomo in the social sec as well because she is already covered by the social sec as employee in the school.

Posted: 18 November 2010 05:28 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-11-18

Bilbaoben,

I understand she would have to register as autonoma as well even if the school is paying for her social security as she will be doing different jobs with diferent social security requirements, one as self employed and the other one as employee.

For the first four years she will be entitled to retain a 7% instead of the 15% above. and must do the VAT tax form every 3 months. The autonomo social security quote starts at arround 250?/month.

Signature 

http://www.madridmobility.com