car sales
Posted: 08 October 2010 12:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-08

We will be moving Pedreguer in Jan 2011 can any one recommend a car sales company thats local to us. Thanks for any help.

Posted: 21 November 2010 12:04 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-20

when buying a car in Spain Beware !!!!!!! on the section we would call the log book, this is the part with all the vehicle
details on . MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS, ASC at the bottom of the page means its been a hire car, make sure if it has been imported that year tallies with year of registration/manufacture most cars when new do not have import details Chrysler do.
Make sure you see the car in daylight not showroom lights examine for resprayed panels do not believe or trust anyone, check tyres match and spare if it is a low mileage car, Digital speedos can be clocked, again if it is low mileage check service record
if no book is available main dealers hold these on computer if they are not available forget it !!!! Get your wife to check the interior
if she says it looks scruffy or does not smell like a nearly new car walk away. Make sure that supply an English instruction book and service book. All recent manfs cars come with guarantee if you are not sure get some one to read it for you . Specific details of the car should also be on the guarantee, If you contemplate buying an ex-hire car there is nothing wrong with that, but it wants to be considerably cheaper and bear in mind it has had a multitude of different drivers. I bought a chrysler Sebring from main dealer in Mosteles nr Madrid I got screwed, will know better next time, It is a waste of time to get a lawyer out here to fight a corner for you, they all want money up front and do nothing.

Posted: 21 November 2010 04:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

I bought my car off of a car hire company.Car was book price 5 years later still going strong and the only money spent on it was standard services.

Posted: 21 November 2010 07:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-09-06
pepsi - 21 November 2010 04:52 AM

I bought my car off of a car hire company.Car was book price 5 years later still going strong and the only money spent on it was standard services.

What car hire company was it? Did you just ask at the desk what they did with their old cars?

Posted: 21 November 2010 08:54 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

The company was in malaga,but all i did was go on Car Hire web sites to see if they have cars for sale,if not i called them.In the end i found about 4 or 5 that were selling their cars.