Where to go now - any advice on moving within Spain?
Posted: 24 May 2007 11:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-04

I?m a single 32 year old Canadian woman and I have been in Spain for about 7 months now.  I have lived north of Madrid (Aranda de Duero) and outside of Barcelona (Balaguer).  My teaching contract is up this summer and in August I would like to move to a larger city since I?m finding it difficult to meet people in small towns.  My spanish is OK…not perfect but I?m trying.  I want to work doing private ESL classes and cleaning.  I would love to be on the coast - Barcelona, Tarragona, Alicante - but I don?t know much about these cities.  I have EU citizenship so that?s not an issue - i just want to be somewhere where I can meet people and earn enough to live.  Any suggestions on which cities are more appealing?  Thanx in advance for any help…besos.

Posted: 11 June 2007 04:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-05-27

Valencia is a great city to live in, as far as i know there is no teacher who never finds a job here, plus there is a lot of under the table stuff.

Lifestyle is great, a very dynamic city, with lots of things going on, sociable people, but it also has a charm of a smaller place. With a million residents they call it the biggest spanish village.

Signature 

Valencia City Guide
Complete Tourist Guide to Valencia