deutsche bank card cloned - money taken from ATM
Posted: 29 November 2010 09:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-11-29

Anyone else have this problem?

My debitcard was cloned and use to take ?2000 out of the ATM over a few days. The deutsche bank claim that the PIN was used and it is impossible otherwise and I have to prove I didn’t use the ATM to take the money out. Fear they are trying to brush me off but arent being too helpful.

Anyone have experience of this id appreciate youre advice and how to move forward.

The branch is a spanish branch where the account is held so I expect its under spanish law but im in the dark as to how I am protected…or not?

Thanks

Posted: 30 November 2010 05:34 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

If you are absolutely sure of your facts you will have to get the police involved, either the Guardia Civil or the National Police. You will need to file a report with them in the form of an open denuncia.

You will need copies for yourself and your bank.

From what you have said, you will have to prove that you did not make the withdrawals you refer too.

Your bank statements will show which machines the cash was withdrawn from, the time and the date of the withdrawals. You should present this information to the police at the time you make the report. You should also preferably be able to provide evidence of where you were located at the time of the withdrawals.

As for the banks liability…I don’t know…obviously you should get the card stopped and a new one issued urgently if you haven’t already done this. The banks will not credit any money illegally removed from your account unless the police have been informed and even then its going to be a struggle. Its not just a Spanish thing; most countries have the same rules, especially the UK.

That’s about all I can suggest, but all banking frauds such as this must be reported. The National police have a special department that deals with this kind of thing.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773