Car Insurance
Posted: 01 August 2010 09:24 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-24

My English Car Insurance is about to run out - any suggestions on any Spanish companies to get quotes from?

Posted: 01 August 2010 09:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

Why do u want a spanish company,i had nothing but problems.Try Ibex they are based in Gib,used them before and very good.

Posted: 02 August 2010 03:21 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-10-05

Search around ,and get quotes,you will be surprised how much they will drop in price if you have other quotes,also check all details are correct on your policy,ie, cover,value of car.dates. ect.
i found ibex to be very expensive/

Posted: 02 August 2010 06:52 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Mine is due for renewal this month; currently I am with Allianz and for the last four years their quote has been in the region of 450? for TPF&T.
Last week had an online quote from Abbeygate for 402? for fully comp with a 200? excess…
On my next visit to my bank, next week I will be asking them for a quote too…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 23 November 2010 11:53 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

DO NOT use Liberty Seguros.
Even if the price seems attractive, their policies are not worth the paper they are written on.

We had a UK reg car ‘covered’ with them, but when it came to a claim, they even hired their own medical
expert to contradict my injuries!!!???? (I was on the point of taking them to a Civil court as they had messed up
my Criminal claim (the other driver was totally at fault), but I managed to hire my own lawyer who got a settlement
from the other side.

Ibex have an iffy reputation for claims handling, but no experience personally other than they were always offered to me when I asked for English Language policy/speaking claims dept etc.

Posted: 24 November 2010 01:15 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

I agree about Liberty,i lost 7 years NCD with them.I had no probs with Ibex,they are a british company and very efficient.

Posted: 25 November 2010 03:47 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2009-08-19

Try Catalunya Insurance Services. They use a number of insurers including Ibex. Tell them your problems and they will do there best for you. Contact Mary on 0034 977493607 or

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 13 December 2010 08:23 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2009-08-19

Catalunya Insurance Services are registerd under the DGS. You will get a competant fast service where most of the major insurers are compared on price and suitability. They cover all kinds of vehicles including classic, right hand drive, left hand drive, UK, Spanish and French plates. Motorhomes. They can offer no claims protection gurantee, windows, breakdown and just about anything else you can think of.

Face to face is ok if you are local to L’Ametlla De Mar although a lot of our customers are in the south and arrange everything by email, fax or post.

If we cannot save you money we do not expect you to insure through us.

We have 25 years insurance experience and one of the partners is a qualified financial adviser. If any further reassurance is required just let us know.

For further information or a no obligation quotation feel free to contact us on: 0034 977493607 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)