Self employed, married with a child - need help.
Posted: 21 December 2010 07:04 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-21

Hi, I’m a Brazilian woman who marred a Spanish guy 7 years ago, we have a 6 year old daughter and for the past 2 years we are legally separated. I am self employed and work as a teacher. We have a shared custody on my daughter and live in Madrid.I have been waiting to get my Spanish ID so I can become independent but I have just discovered that if I am legally separated from my husband I cannot get a working permit - is that true?

My main concern is obviously my daughter, if I found out that I cannot get a work permit - the Spanish authority might not let me stay in Spain - and I cannot allow that to happen !!

I would really appreciate if anyone have any knowledge of what are my options as this means the WORLD to me !!

Thanks
in advance.

Posted: 07 February 2011 07:48 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-02-07

Try to find a Spanish man who can marry you ..... this is the best way to Get Spanish ID.

Posted: 09 February 2011 02:36 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30
maytal - 21 December 2010 07:04 AM

Hi, I’m a Brazilian woman who marred a Spanish guy 7 years ago, we have a 6 year old daughter and for the past 2 years we are legally separated. I am self employed and work as a teacher. We have a shared custody on my daughter and live in Madrid.I have been waiting to get my Spanish ID so I can become independent but I have just discovered that if I am legally separated from my husband I cannot get a working permit - is that true?

are you divorced or are you just legally separated?
what kind of residence permit do you have?
have you applied for spanish citizenship?