In over my head? Too late now! Someone please help!!!
Posted: 27 July 2010 09:30 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-06-10

Ok, so I thought I knew quite a bit about English- signed up to itoi, just had my course emailed to me and now I’m panicking!!!

There are 5 groups of modules and 2 are x20!!!  They want mini essays about what would you do as a teacher if….?
I haven’t taught anything ever! (they say you don’t need experience) I passed a couple of the quizzes so far but they’re (obviously) getting harder!

I have 86 days to do this and my practical isn’t until the 7th & 8th Aug!

I feel like I hardly know anything and don’t want to submit too much incase I learn the proper answers on the practical course! Do you know what I mean?

BUT I don’t want to leave it until after then because that’s less time to do it.

Scared!!!

Posted: 27 July 2010 11:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Companies make money from promoting there courses as easy, there not liable if your not capable, as everyone is different and all levels of education will give different results.

I guess its up to the individual to step back and think before parting with any cash.

After all, if all it took was a bit of work, we could all become top lawyers, pilots, doctors and teachers, reality is though, were not and that is the problem, which is why the profession’s pay a premium wage to those who can, that is another sign.

Add the fact the more you struggle, the more your likely to carry on trying and the more money there gonna squeeze from you.

There is a trick to beat the con, accept your limitations before you part with cash.

If your unsure how to know your limitations a good indicator is your school grades and previous employment, most educated and motivated individuals tend to have high grades and well paid jobs.

You may well have bitten off more than you can chew, after all what you are struggling with should be quite easy.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 16 September 2010 08:09 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-06-10

Ok so FYI i’ve just collected my 6th certificate for the 140 hour course & have an interview tomorrow! :D

Posted: 26 September 2010 11:32 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

FYI I just won a Billion on the lottery.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 20 February 2011 11:54 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-06-10

and I have a job teaching there, I start in September.  No need for the sarcasm really, was there?!

Posted: 21 February 2011 08:05 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

He can be a bit tactless sometimes…!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773