Spanish tax comparision with UK tax
Posted: 20 June 2007 12:36 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-08-15

I have just completed my first Spanish tax return, using a qualified tax consultant and was delighted with the result.

Although every case is different, I was advised that I had the benefit of a personal allowance for me,my wife and my child. Additionally, we had an allowance for mortgage interest.

The net result was a nil charge for tax!!! Definitely a lot less than I would have paid in the UK on my total income which I calculate would be about ?2000.

I know where I sit on the Spanish tax vs UK tax discussion.

Posted: 23 June 2007 03:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Well done - I agree many people I think just look at the basic allowances and panic that they will pay more tax in Spain than the UK which is obviously not always true. Especially when you add the savings of council tax, car road tax etc! By the way who were your tax advisers ??

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 23 June 2007 10:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-08-15

I used Professional Services Bureau SL who certainly lived up to the professional part of their name. The adviser I dealt with spoke extremely good English and I would certainly recommend them to anybody else who is nervous about making their initial Spanish tax return.

For info, their number is 965706035 and my only relationship with them or their staff is as a paying customer.

Posted: 24 June 2007 06:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

OK thanks, I see the tax allowances and rates etc have changed a lot for 2007 (to pay tax on in 2008) and the allowances for rental income are now zero tax in certain cases!! So you may be even better off next year.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca