Your experience teaching English in Spain
Posted: 09 April 2011 09:17 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-04-09

Hi,

My name’s Leigh and I’m a self-employed EFL teacher in northern Spain.  I am currently working on my research for a book and would love to hear from anyone who is teaching / has taught English in Spain and is willing to be ‘interviewed’.  If you’d like to participate, please complete the attached questionaire.  If you have any problems opening the file (it’s Word 2007) just drop me a line and I’ll email it to you instead.

Many thanks
Leigh

File Attachments
TEFL questionaire.docx  (File Size: 15KB - Downloads: 494)
Questionaire.doc  (File Size: 32KB - Downloads: 459)

Posted: 10 April 2011 04:00 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

If you have any problems opening the file (it?s Word 2007) just drop me a line and I?ll email it to you instead.

that will be about 40% if not more of the readship then…

Earlier versions of word cannot open .docx files.

You have the capability with Word 2007 to save the document as a .doc file instead of the incredibly annoying, Bill Gates, (I’ll find a way of screwing the punters yet again…) Gotcha that is .docx

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 10 April 2011 01:46 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-09

Hi Foxbat,

I’m not too computer-savy.  Didn’t even realise I could do that - thanks for the tip.  Let me try again…

L

File Attachments
Questionaire.doc  (File Size: 32KB - Downloads: 452)

Posted: 10 April 2011 03:41 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Much better and should reach a wider audience!

Friend of mine bought an all singing, all dancing, computer with Windows 7 and Word 2007 pre-installed. She went on to produce an updated CV and sent it off to a number of companies. She didn’t get a single response. Then she sent it to me for a look-see.

Most offices in the UK are still using Windows NT or Windows 2000 with Word 2003 as the default word processor. most HR departments wouldn’t / couldn’t open a .docx file so prospective CV’s dont get a look in!

I am naturally cynical of all new products sold as ‘New, Improved’ and a great believer in the old adage ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…’ Complications for the sake of complications just make me annoyed.

I don’t qualify for your questionnaire however, so good luck with it!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 10 April 2011 03:48 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-09

Hi FB

That is a VERY good piece of advice re. the CVs!  Never would have thought of that 😉 AND I’ll be sure to add that into my book! Thanks a mil for your help.

L