visa process
Posted: 17 June 2011 06:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-17

hello I’m new to the forum.
We are an australian family of 6 living in Serbia. We have four weeks ago applied for a non lucrative visa for Spain. Since lodging our application we have heard nothing and are becoming impatient. I know it can take up to 3 months. Do we just have to sit and wait it out. Does anybody know the process involved eg. lodge application at Spanish embassy in Belgrade Serbia and from there where does it go to in Spain. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 17 June 2011 08:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

you and lot on the forum looking for Visa for Spain ... do have to wait , it call the Waitting Game

also Know in Spain as ” ma?ana ”

keep ring and asking ... but it take time here .....

Jurdy

Posted: 17 June 2011 09:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-17

Thanks for your reply but can you tell me where and who I ring? Thanks again

Posted: 18 June 2011 12:17 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

you need to get in touch with

1 Embassy of Australia / Embajada de Australia Torre Espacio Paseo de la Castellana, 259D, Planta 24 (Map) 28046 MADRID. (Metro: Bego?a, Line 10, ...
Visados - Vacant_positions - Viajar a Australia - Services for Australians Visa & Immigration Section/Secci?n Visados-Inmigraci?n: (+34) 91 353 66 90
http://www.spain.embassy.gov.au/ try email them
2 Australian Embassy. Serbia. Embassy address: 8th Floor, Vladimira Popovica 38-40, New Belgrade - Telephone: 330 3400 - Fax: 330 3409 - Visas & Immigration ...
http://www.serbia.embassy.gov.au/

You can contact the Visa Office by e mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call (+381 11) 33-03-400 between 09:00 and 11:00 am Monday ? Friday.

Counter Hours; Monday to Friday 09:00 - 12:30, by appointment.

For an appointment, please contact the Visa Office on the above number or on the above email address.

3 and last go to the Embassy of Spain in Belgrade
Prote Mateje, 45
11000 Belgrade
Serbia
Phone   local: (011) 344.0231
international: +381.11.344.0231
Fax   local: (011) 344.4203
international: +381.11.344.4203
Email   .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

by wright you sould do this all back in Australia , but your outside the box here

Please keep me filled in how your getting on with you Visas

Jurdy
hope i help in some way

Posted: 18 June 2011 01:13 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-17

Jurdy thanks for that information.

So I have to ring the Australian Embassy in Madrid to track down the visa application? Is that correct?

Yes I realise we are ‘outside the box’. Story is we’ve been living in Belgrade Serbia for nearly 2 years. My husband was born here but left Serbia when he was 3 for Australia. He hasn’t lived here for over 40 years. Our children and myself are Australian (children have Australian and Serbian passports and I am here on a visa). That is why we lodged our application with the Spanish Embassy here in Belgrade but have applied for it under our Australian passorts. We visited Spain on a holiday in January and really liked it and thought we’d like to try to live there for 12 months or more as it was very similar to Australia - beaches, scenery. lifestyle etc. We have used a Spanish solicitor (one recomended on your site).

Anyways, thanks again for your assistance. And I’ll keep you up to date.

Regards

Posted: 18 June 2011 04:13 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

will i would ring are email them , ask how to go about it ?

think you be told to go back to Australian and applay for them there , in person that is the rule of the land but you outside this rule as your away ... r get in touch with the Australian Embassy in madrid that many fill in what you need to do . Australian Embassyin Serbia as you useing Australian passports , dont for get , dont brake the rules are law in spain , you info will be passed on , and travel to outher place could be a problem in time for your kids ... the assistance is only come from what i know about what i hear and not law

I do know mate who was in in ireland want to work in Usa on the j1 visa(J1 usa summer work visa for Students at all academic levels ( for college students ) he was told to go to spanish Embassy and do all his papper work from there .