Umbrella employment companies in Spain?
Posted: 05 August 2011 10:13 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-08-01

Hi, First time poster, and hoping someone can provide some insight.

My family intends to move from France to Spain in the next 6 months, and I am trying to ascertain if there are employment umbrella companies for contractors in Spain?

I currently use one in France, and am hoping they have the same in Spain. Anyone know?

Thank you kindly in advance,

Eric

Posted: 13 August 2011 02:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-13

Hello Eric!

There are companies like Freelance scm which work like an umbrella company.  If you are not earning substantial amounts of money, they are a cheaper option than being self-employed in Spain.  They generate invoices for you, pay social security, deduct tax and file your tax return at the end of the year.  I can personally vouch for them as I have used them myself.

Their website is http://www.freelance.es  - their site is in Spanish but they do speak English.

Good luck!

Yolanda Solo

Posted: 14 August 2011 01:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-01
ExpatConsultant - 13 August 2011 02:31 AM

Hello Eric!

There are companies like Freelance scm which work like an umbrella company.  If you are not earning substantial amounts of money, they are a cheaper option than being self-employed in Spain.  They generate invoices for you, pay social security, deduct tax and file your tax return at the end of the year.  I can personally vouch for them as I have used them myself.

Their website is http://www.freelance.es  - their site is in Spanish but they do speak English.

Good luck!

Yolanda Solo

Thanks very much Yolanda. This is the first concrete information i have recevied on such agencies, and it is exactly the services I seek.  if anyone else has experience with this company, or know of any others that offer similar services, I would greatly appreciate you posting it.

Thank you in advance,

Eric