Work permit and citizenship ?
Posted: 02 March 2011 06:07 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-02

Many thanks to the founders of this website, firstly, it’s been tremendous help!
Here is my situation…. I possess a dual citizenship filipina/canadian and I am currently residing in the UK as a university student. I want to learn spanish and eventually claim my spanish citizenship, through my filipina heritage. This requires me to legally live in spain for 2 years, if I understood the conditions correctly. However, I was also informed that the resdency the officials demand excludes full time studies, therefor, I need to work… Here are my options… I need to complete an internship next year (or eventually) and I was wondering if that could be a possibility. Or I have read about teaching as well; I am a native french speaker and studied in english as well. I have considered as well pursuing, with my partner, the independant business we set up in England; it is a small, independent delivery company. What is the best option?  I am confused and considering the actual economic situation, unsure of the best avenue to ensure a valid 2 year residency… Ultimately, I would like to settle down in Madrid…
I Also have an uncle who has obtained his spanish citizenship (after many years!) could that be of any help?
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments,
Thank you,
Karen

Posted: 03 March 2011 04:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

kb,
there are many kinds of residence permits:
some of them are the ff.
working resident permit (as employee)
working resident permit (as self employed or investor)
non working resident permit
student permit,  which can go onto a resident permit if after completing three years as a student, you find an employer. or you become self employed. If there is no gap between the student permit and residence permit, the two year legal residency period required of citizens of former spanish colonies before starting to apply for spanish citizens may include the period spent as student.
have you got any spanish born grandparents?

Posted: 06 December 2011 03:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-11-27

are you Spain permanent citizen ? I guess Spain is one of the best country in all over the world but I’m try to work over there !