DON’T BE A VICTIM
Posted: 27 January 2012 07:26 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

This morning I read through the local freeby newspapers all of which carried a piece on one of the latest scams -
A ‘Windows Technician’ phones you and tells you he is calling from Microsoft and that your computer has been sending out error messages - needless to say for him to fix it will cost you money.
I happened to comment on this to my Spanish wife over lunch - “Yes” she said, “I had it yesterday - a man called me over Skype and told me my computer had a problem.”
Well he had met more than a match with ‘My mujer’ -
So don’t be conned none of the major manufacturers will ever cold call you. Never part with any money to any unknown persons - especially when they have contacted you.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 27 January 2012 07:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Or give money up front to ANYONE that is doing work for you…
(I sadly hired a handyman/builder that was ‘recommended’ by my own builder/vendor of the house we are in the process of buying, and he turned out to be the worst mistake I have made in a long while!)
Sadly I had taken him on trust and given him money up front for materials…
But once I saw how bad his work was, had to cancel all. 
He refused to give money back, and even had the cheek to ask for more!

(I am not too pleased with our builder, but he just shrugged his shoulders and said, ‘Well don’t use him again then’.)

Grrrrr!

Posted: 09 February 2012 05:42 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

there lot off scam going on , the best one would be electrical goods wich get post here aswell (that why there post are DELELETED , never pay any one throught money transfer , unless you know the person ... family are so on ...
good that sold under price ... is big give away ,
Google the email address
google telphone number
google the bank account number
post on forums if not sure

Jurdy