Need iPhone SIM card for unlocked iphone
Posted: 09 August 2010 11:33 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-08-09

I bought an unlocked iPhone at an Apple Store in Canada with the intention of buying a SIM card in Mallorca and a pay-as-you-go deal.  Vodaphone and Moviestar here in Mallorca are recieving a few SIM cards but it seems they are reserving them for contracts of 18 months. I am in Spain for 2 months. Am I out of luck?  I may go to Barcelona next week. Will I have better luck there?
Thanks for any help.

Posted: 10 August 2010 09:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-10

i take it that your talking about an iphone 4 and it’s micro sim? in which case you can make one from any normal sim - http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/how-to-make-your-own-ipad-or-iphone-4-micro-sim-681020

Posted: 11 August 2010 10:31 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-08-09

No, it is an iPhone 3GS but thanks, I did not realize there was a difference so I can now specify that it is a not a “4”. Any other ideas?

Posted: 12 August 2010 08:34 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-08-08

That’s strange… Vodafone sells pay-as-you-go SIM cards on its website (which my friends have bought) and I think Orange does as well. Here’s what Vodafone has: http://tienda.vodafone.es/tarjetas_sim/

The only problem is, a lot of cell phone companies require you to have an NIE (resident registration number for foreigners) or be a Spanish citizen to purchase SIM cards (related to security and all that).

Posted: 12 August 2010 11:16 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-08-09

Thanks…I will try again, specifying that it is for 3GS, although the citizenship issue may be a problem.

Posted: 17 June 2011 03:35 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-06-01

You have to ask for a “Tarjeta Prepago”, It will cost about 10? if I’m not wrong.
It’s a pay-as-you-go SIM card. But you surely will need Spanish documentation to activate it.
If you have any spanish friend/relative ask him to buy it for you. This type of sim doesn’t have any contract asociated.

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2011 08:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Post was removed due
POST deleted by Jurdy
Reason: Please read the rules. No advertising in the forums,
Signature is link two website aswell , this is not aloud to rules

I going on the war path here to day and any one with Signature i am going to DELETE there post and BAN from the site ....
most dont care , and post rubbish .... 
Well the forum was get spamed here and we get hard on the Rules

JURDY
any problem pm me here

Posted: 18 January 2012 01:43 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-01-18

If you need iPhone SIM card for unlocked iPhone, then this site can provide the best deal information for that. This not not gives an list of processes to get sim for unlocked iPhone but also offers you ever known EDITED DUE TO RULES as well.

Posted: 18 January 2012 11:46 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

becareful off website offering deals on phones , there would be scammers , asking for payment up front and would get phones are any outher deals ,you get you phone unlock legitimate when you deal is up ... ask you phone company , its law by EU and spain uk Ireland and so on

Posted: 22 January 2012 03:03 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03

I don’t understand the fuss. Get a pay as you go sim, anyone will do, and purchase a sim cutter online.
DSB.

Posted: 09 February 2012 04:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-09

If your iPhone is already in unlocked state then you can freely use any GSM SIM card within it. Else you would have to unlock your iPhone using a reliable NO URL PLEASE EDITED JURDY . The software prevents you from following the complex unlocking codec.

you post is spam and you will get banned