Where to Live in Sevilla
Posted: 28 August 2006 07:15 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-05

Hi.  Just wondering what the survey says as far as the best areas to live in Sevilla.  I would like to be in an area close to things but one that is safe and affordable.  Any opinions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Posted: 30 August 2006 02:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-07-23

Avoid Sevilla Este, a new district far from everywhere
A good choice could be around the Santa Justa train station : close to the center (you can go walking) but no annoyance, although there are some disco-bars also.
Los Remedios is safe and close to the center ... kind of ugly (1960/70s buildings) and maybe expensive as - don’t ask why - it is considered as the posh area.
Try also around Empresariales (Ramon y Cajal).

Signature 

“Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life”

Posted: 02 September 2006 10:12 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

The first choice is either city center (within the old walls) or outside. If you want to be close to everything, you’re going to want to be in the center. As an expat, you want to get the real experience of Sevilla, and for that, you have to be in the center. (Though admittedly the expats with kids all live out in Aljarafe.)  The center is safe (and has gotten safer over the years -  can’t say how or why since I still never see police anywhere). In our five years, we witnessed two purse snatchings—not bad for a city.

The next question is where within the center. The only shady place (prostitutes, drug use) is a small area right above the Alameda de Hercules. Before I got there, the whole San Luis area was dangerous, so the City Hall just razed it all—the new buildings are almost up.

Anywhere else in the center is fine, and close to everything.

I wouldn’t live right in Santa Cruz—you’ll get tired of the tourists. Right around it, though, is very convenient to everything.

Triana is the real thing, but you might get tired of crossing the bridge every day.

To Camaron!

Posted: 10 September 2006 12:44 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-03

If you’re a practical sort of person Nervi?n is the best area. It has everything within a short walk. A shopping centre; el corte ingl?s; medical centre; the metro(soon); train station(20 minutes walk from where I live); Sevilla FC; airport(15 mins by car); plenty of shops, bars, restaurants; bus routs, or if you prefer to walk, the city centre is 20/25 minutes walk away.

Nervi?n is refered to as the ‘second city centre of Seville’.

The centre of Seville is nice if you are planning on spending only a year here, anything longer and it can become rather tiresome; lots of people; loads of tourists; serious parking problems; very few supermarkets.

Hope this helps

John