Cirrus ATM’s
Posted: 07 August 2007 12:13 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-08-05

I wonder if anyone is living in or visited either Zafra, Badajoz or Extremadura and had to use an ATM. If so, whether you know if there are any Cirrus ATM machines in any of those places.  I certainly would appreciate knowing. A lengthy search of the Internet has proved fruitless!

Thanks folks

Signature 

Giving dignity and respect to a man simply because he is a man - also includes our children

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2006-12-15

Hi

Any ATM that carries the ServiRed mark http://www.servired.es/ingles/indexx.htm will allow you to get money on a cirus debit card. As far as I can tell all the ATM’s I have seen carry that mark. Banking here is fairly easy compared to other countries I have lived in (don’t get me started on being an expat in London). You pretty much just have to walk in with your UK passport and they will set you up with an account.

Hope this helps

Christian

Posted: 07 August 2007 03:38 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-08-05

Thank you indeed - I would have been looking around for the Cirrus sticker - and probably until doomsday!  Good about Bank accounts being fairly easy to open too - I would really like one of those debit cards that you can use at the supermarket instead of cash (if it’s anything like France and India - and I guess it would be!) and although I will always keep my Bank account in Ireland, I would like a local account when we get there that’s for sure!

Again, thanks Christian!

Signature 

Giving dignity and respect to a man simply because he is a man - also includes our children