My internet options in Alicante
Posted: 31 July 2007 01:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-26

Hello.

I am moving to Alicante in a few days time and am wondering what the cheapest option for broadband would be?

I don’t need a phone line so I think wireless is an option but don’t know what companies I should be looking at for that.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for this sort of information?

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted: 31 July 2007 05:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2007-07-04

Wireless broadband?  To put this bluntly, I think that you?re better off going for ADSL.  Any such service is almost certainly going to be provided via those people that we love to hate.  There are a few non profit-making organisations that have this, like the Universities and other research establishments.  But telecoms companies providing this to the general public, I think that you?ll be out of luck Jeremy.

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2007 09:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

I dont know whether you mean Alicante or Alicante Region,
however there are various options available,
There is reasonably good coverage of 3g in Alicante via vodaphone
U could go wifi by going near to one of the free outlets, which are invariably around, (for example in the village I live in they have provided a free Wifi, so you just take your laptop and sit outside the community centre and log on !!
Dial up via mobile, ( very slow and limited)
Satellite link Internet up and down, pricey Install about 2000? plus 65? per month (installed within a couple of days)
SKY DSL,  dial up phone link upload, fast downlink via Sat dish and receiver, about 250? installed and 35? per month
If you have landline Telemonica (Pandemonia!!) with ADSL, if your lucky you may get connected in amonth or two
Or local provider via microlink,or landline if u have one,  IE Comenersol or CitrusRED S.L. (you may have to search to find out who is local as for some strange reason they seem not to advertise well!!L

Signature 

Mike