Banks in Alicante
Posted: 31 July 2007 01:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-26

I’m sure this is a tired subject but I couldn’t find anything that helpful when I searched the forum 😊

Does anyone know what a good bank in Alicante to join would be?  I’m looking for something just to do my everyday banking transactions out of. So low fees would be a priority. I’m not too concerned about earning interest as I have a savings account back in New Zealand for that.

My only other requirement would be that at least one person there can speak english.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted: 20 August 2007 12:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2007-07-25

Jeremy,

I posted earlier today on banking in Spain (Alicante area) on another forum, so i wont go over it again, but basically, as from next month im going to be working as a sole English person working in a bank in Calpe, just north of Alicante.

I was asking for peoples experiences of banking in Spain and the need for a native speaker in banks over there.

Annnnyway, in seponse to your question, i would look at your local Banco Santander, they re in the middle of a proccess of getting antive english speakers in banks around the Alicant area at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 25 August 2007 02:13 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

CAM bank have english speakers in their branches and also online banking in english.
We had 2 other bank accounts before we found them, their charges are much lower.
They are widespread in Alicante province with small branches or ATM’s in Carrefour and most shopping centres

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com