Additional TV Channels
Posted: 16 October 2007 07:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-10-16

Hello all….

does anyone know a way of getting all the Channels that you get on English Sky in Spain? eg. E4, movie channels?

I think i’m right in thinking that we can get the regular BBC and ITV but that’s about it…..

Posted: 23 October 2007 07:04 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

So, if i take my Sky card out there with me and get Sky installed…. it should work

Posted: 23 October 2007 07:19 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

hmmm, decent TV or a little bit of a guilty conscience?! 😉

Posted: 28 October 2007 12:29 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
jellybabysammy - 23 October 2007 07:04 PM

So, if i take my Sky card out there with me and get Sky installed…. it should work

If you just bring your SKy Card and not your box, you will not get the premium channels unless you notify Sky that you have changed boxes (The premium channels <movies and sports are tied into the card and box number).  Best you bring your box with you also, and ensure that you get the right size dish for your area instaled asap to keep the card activated on the premium channels.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 29 October 2007 09:10 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

1 you need to take out a sly package in the uk get the box and sly digi dish ( sell you dish in uk )
2 need to get you box working in the uk take 2 weeks
3 take to Spain DHL it then you get it
4 need to get a dish 1.2 meter dish - 3 meter dish jellybabysammy where are you in Spain then i know what dish you need
5 hook up it should work
ring me and i help , if near i come over to help

Dish size is on where you live as some feeds are on been to uk area and farer you go away big the dish size , yes rain will interruped you veiwing aswell
now that are install that do over charge for dish so becarful
jurdy

Posted: 29 October 2007 09:13 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

no wont work as the sky card is matched to the box and dont ring sky from spain as that know where you ring from even if you block you tel no .

and that just x your card and that 1 year of payment off you read what you have singed with them
see it happen lads and ladies

Posted: 31 October 2007 12:34 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
jurdyr - 29 October 2007 09:13 PM

no wont work as the sky card is matched to the box and dont ring sky from spain as that know where you ring from even if you block you tel no .

and that just x your card and that 1 year of payment off you read what you have singed with them
see it happen lads and ladies

To Clarify, the SKY card is matched to the Box for the premium channels, (It should work on the non premium contract channels in any box) The premium channels being Movies and Sports, depending on where you are in spain the dish size is very important, and for SKY movies in some areas even unreceivable on all channels.

I have had no problem setting up contracts ringing from my Mobile with number sending off.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 31 October 2007 09:07 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

mike48t your right on the card but about to change it to all out package , so that can make more momey out us again

in Elche i got a 2 .4 meter dish and get all the channels there but when the weather was bad few wweks ago, lots few off them with the rain now was coming dowm in buckets and outher ten house beside all hhad same problem aswell we got 4 dish on muiltdicq switch ( got in the Usa )