Work Visa for English Teachers in Spain
Posted: 01 November 2007 11:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-10-26

Hi Guys!
  I have been reading around the site about work visas, but i dont really understand them. Do you have to have a job offer before you can apply for one? Also, what do you all recommend for me if I will be in London for a month doing the CELTA course and then I will start my job search. I am not an EU member so I only have 90 days without a visa no matter which EU country I am in, right? Should I apply for a tourist visa in order to prolong the time I have to find a job? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

😊

Posted: 05 November 2007 09:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-05

Hi,
Here?s the info I have. The month that you?ll be out of the Scengen States, which don?t include the UK, will not count toward your 90 days. But when you return, the count resumes. It?s 90 out of every 180 days.
When do you begin your CELTA? When will you be finished and are you looking for work right now?
There?s an ESL position available here in Valencia, Spain. If you?re interested, please see my post under jobs,
ESL Teaching Job Available, Valencia, PERKS!!!
Are you an EU national?
If not, your not likely to get a job offer that will result in a visa. Unless your specifically skilled, which, as a native speaker, you?re not.

Best of luck.
Meghann

Posted: 05 November 2007 10:16 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-10-26

Wow thats some good information, thanks so much! I didnt know that about the Uk not being part of the Schengen states. I unfortunately will not finish my CELTA until next july, I am still finishing up my degree here in the USA at the moment. As you might have guessed Im not an EU national, so I expect this to be difficult.