Working on a Student Visa
Posted: 11 November 2007 12:22 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-28

Alright? I just spent my summer in Sevilla and while I was abroad I was accepted into a university program in Madrid.  I returned to the States and was issued my visa.  I return to Madrid on the 20th of December? here are my questions.

I know that being on a student visa allows me to work 20 +/- hours.  I have emailed lawyers in Spain on the issues and legalities of working on a student visa but have had no answer.

I currently have had several offers to teach English, since I have my CELTA and my CELTAYL however, a few of the administrators from the schools have informed me that even having a student visa may not be sufficient to find legal work.  I am confused why and wondered if any one had any insight on that.

Also, what are the steps needed to take to obtain a work permit on a student visa? Any site I can be directed to would be helpful.

Also if anyone knows of a good lawyer in Madrid that speaks English I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Signature 

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posted: 11 November 2007 03:20 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Also, what are the steps needed to take to obtain a work permit on a student visa? Any site I can be directed to would be helpful.

you cant work permit on a student visa it 20 hours only and that it the law is the law you need to get full time visa and you wont beable due to you a Student with a Student Visa you have to let that one run out and again go for full time visa

as in you college that would know the in,s and out,s off the visa . get in touch with you student union office are the college in Madrid