What are the prospects for a Tile Fitter in Spain
Posted: 06 November 2007 08:47 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-11-06

Hi all.
Me and my wife are going to relocate to the south of Spain next year. We have a few village properties we have got our eye on at the moment just inland of Torrox on the costa del sol.
I am taking early retirement, will have a small pension and not really have to need to work.

BUT ....
I am also a trained Tiler, kitchen, bathroom, wall, floor, ceramic, porceline, stone, travertine, marble etc etc.

I was wondering if there would be opportunities for me in this field of work?
It’s not a nessesity but I do not intend being idle while living Spain and it would also suppliment my income.
Tambi?n, hablo un poco Espa?ol ...  I speak a little Spanish, more advanced than holiday Spanish but not fluent and get by very well with it.

Thanks for your time and would be greatful for any feedback.
Cheers

Posted: 10 November 2007 05:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-11-06

Prospects not good then…..

Posted: 10 November 2007 11:31 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-09-01

good tilers are hard to come by in spain , we do painting and decorating and the number of jobs we go on and they ask if we know any tilers , you should do very well here , andalucia is the place to be , anywhere around estepona marbella is perfest for work , good luck on your move

Posted: 11 November 2007 04:19 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

You should do fine. I pick up alot of work for tiling farther inland, usually tied into other work I do. (See website).

There are plenty of sources to advertise for free - here for example - or at very little cost.

I?m sure that you’ll also find, once you’ve done a few jobs, word will get around and you’ll get the reccomendations any good tradesman will always get.

Good luck with your move.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 11 November 2007 08:10 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-11-06

Thanks for the info chaps. I appreciate your time on this one.