Do you have a room to rent in Sevilla (October?)
Posted: 19 September 2006 11:51 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-19

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone had / knew of someone who has a room to rent in Sevilla in October. I?m currently in Barcelona getting a TEFL qualification and want to get a job in Sevilla in October. It doesn?t have to be a long-term thing - just long enough for me to set myself up and get my bearings.

Cheers

c

Posted: 05 October 2006 08:02 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-05

TAKEN FROM EXPAT EXPERT!
Where and how to search
Your best option when searching in Sevilla is the [u]El Cambalache, which publishes classifieds for just about everything three times a week. It costs around 2? and can be purchased at almost any newsstand. The website gives you listings and prices but does not provide contact information, and it is much easier to search in the print version. You always place an ad through the paper if you are looking for a specific living situation. El ABC Sevilla also publishes a weekly classified section with plenty of apartment listings. The website Tucasa.com also has listings for Sevilla and other cities, including house sales as well as rentals. Finally walking around town and looking for “Se Alquila” signs with phone numbers and start calling. We found two of our apartments in different ways - calling off a number on a sign in the street and through the classifieds in the ABC classified section.

What to consider in your search

The area:
Identify the area you want to live in to narrow your search. I won?t recommend specific places as each person has their own needs. Factors which should come into play are proximity to where you work or study, proximity to nightlife or areas you frequent, plus typical cost of rent. For instance, some areas such as around the Alameda, will likely be significantly cheaper than living in Santa Cruz. This may take some time to decide, and if you are able to live somewhere for a few months before you find a long term apartment this is the best. Start looking exactly where you want to live first, then if it becomes difficult start looking further out or in your second choice area.

Once you see an apartment you like try a more detailed inspection of the area. Pass by several times if you can: during the morning, the afternoon and later at night. How much noise is there at these times of day? Is there a bar open late at night below next to the apartment? Is it a scene for the weekend bottel?n? What type of people are walking around in the area? Does it feel safe to you? 😜