Sky+ in Spain
Posted: 11 December 2007 10:32 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-12-11

Hi,

I live in Granada and successfully installed a sky dish to watch the free satallite channels in my house. However now that I have normal sky, I want sky+! I have purchased a sky+ box off ebay that works fine, and installed a dual LNB, and a second satellite cable to enable recording, however when I try and record anything on sky+ it says I have to call sky to activate the sky+ features. Are there any ways of getting round this? Or do I have to subscribe to sky for a year? Also, if I had one sky cable connected only, would I be able to record TV as well or does it have to have the 2 cables connected?

Thanks

Posted: 12 December 2007 01:26 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
keitho - 11 December 2007 10:32 PM

Hi,

I live in Granada and successfully installed a sky dish to watch the free satallite channels in my house. However now that I have normal sky, I want sky+! I have purchased a sky+ box off ebay that works fine, and installed a dual LNB, and a second satellite cable to enable recording, however when I try and record anything on sky+ it says I have to call sky to activate the sky+ features. Are there any ways of getting round this? Or do I have to subscribe to sky for a year? Also, if I had one sky cable connected only, would I be able to record TV as well or does it have to have the 2 cables connected?

Thanks

Up until recently SKY use to ask for you to subscribe to the premium channels to be able to use the SKY+ features, they have now changed that to just having a basic SKY contract, IE for the entertainment news events etc, However SKY+ will only work with all the features if you have a SKY contract of one sort or the other.

YOu can use the SKY+ box as a normal box by just connecting one cable into the L1 input, but if you want to use it with all the SKY features (assumes you have a contract of one sort or other) you will need the second feed from the LNB

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 12 December 2007 03:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-11

Ok thanks for the help. If I were to subcribe to the basic package for 12 months and then cut off would I be able to continue using the sky+ features or would I have to continue with a subcription? IE does having a 12 month subcription once unlock the sky+ features for good?

Thanks again

Posted: 12 December 2007 11:34 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
keitho - 12 December 2007 03:39 PM

Ok thanks for the help. If I were to subcribe to the basic package for 12 months and then cut off would I be able to continue using the sky+ features or would I have to continue with a subcription? IE does having a 12 month subcription once unlock the sky+ features for good?

Thanks again

Your talking Rupert M here, he didnt get where he was by giving away a unique product.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 13 December 2007 03:33 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

for sky+ you need the 2 lnb hooked up 1 watch and 2nd to recoed you tv ....
that what i am lead to know ....

and yes can unlock the box now and there code are hacked aswell now

Posted: 14 December 2007 03:15 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-11

Any idea where I can get the codes to unlock the sky+ box then?

Cheers

‹‹ Web standards      Live TV Streaming ››