School Holidays in Spain
Posted: 03 September 2006 02:43 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-03

Hi, I’m in the process of trying to move to Spain, but I have the added benefit :grrr:  of going through several court cases, in order to get there (long story).  As I am having to prepare a statement, is there anyone who could please tell me what the school holiday dates are - assuming it is the same across the board???  I’m trying to look up possible flight costs to and from England, and I need to know roughly so that the costs will be realistic.

I have put my son’s name down at a school, but haven’t been given a calendar with the holiday dates on and of course they are still closed at the moment.

We are moving to Mijas if this helps!

If anyone could reply to this urgently, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for your help.

💋 Jo

Posted: 05 September 2006 09:08 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-07-11

I know in Barcelona they start on the 12th of September, holiday on the 12 of October, Christmas holidays are the 6th and 8th of December and then I believe the last day before official Christmas break is the 22nd, then they come back on the 8th of January. We haven’t gotten far enough in our planning to figure out the rest of the holidays! I know there’s a week in Easter, but I’m not sure when they finish in June. Does that help? Sorry for being so vague…

Signature 

Melissa
http://www.babyrockenglish.com
Music and movement workshops for children ages 0-4 and parents in Barcelona

Posted: 27 September 2006 02:08 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-09-27

In Catalunya, the kids went back to school 12th September, then except for an odd fiesta day they dont break up again until 22nd December returning on 7th January.

Easter is 31st March until 9th April

Summer they finish 20th June until Sept

Hope that helps
Jools

Posted: 12 October 2006 08:29 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-10-09

Hi this is mainly for JOW4396
I have read your post on moving to Mijas which is where my family and I are hoping to move next year.
How did you go about putting your child down for a school and is it a state school?
The reason I am asking is that we have a 12 year old and 10 year old that I want to get into a state school.
Please can you help?