Valencia City - anybody out there????!!!!
Posted: 22 October 2006 12:13 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-19

Hi - we are a young British family living in Valencia city -  my husband and our two young daughters (aged 1 and a half and three years old) and I -would like to meet other similar aged families in the area?  We have met some lovely people but they are from either Madrid , the North or the South and whilst it’s great to have Spanish friends we really miss being able to have a chat with likeminded Brits - plus for the children it would be soo good for them, as especially our eldest really does miss all her friends in the UK- we came here mainly because we didn’t want anything too English - hence avoiding the Costas - but perhaps we have gone a little too far the other way as we are struggling to meet any British families here at all - we have met some other fab English teachers but they have no children and what we really really want is to meet people with children - who will relate to our situation here a little more- yours hopeful?? Sara

Posted: 23 October 2006 01:36 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-23

Hi

I am amazed that you have not met others. A bit inland is swarming with English people. If you go up the CV35 a bit especially to the commercial centre at El Osito you’d think you were in England. Hardly a word of Spanish is spoken. VIllamrchante, pedralba, lliria, la eliana, puebla de vallbona, marines,c asions are all becoming british ghettos. SOmeone once referred to the square in Villamarchante as a boozy brit ghetto

Anyway, Valencia is a crap place to live, sorta cheap and cheerful (well, cheap at least). Its a very poor area. Other parts of Spain are much nicer.

hope that helps

Posted: 23 October 2006 02:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-19

Hi there - thanks for your reply - and for the info - you made me laugh actually with your description of Valencia - as have to say I was trying to be polite in my first posting but yes Valencia is a pretty crap place to live - still your info is quite positive re other Brits living here so hopefully we’ll get to meet some eventually!!