CABLE TV PROVIDERS IN THE SOUTH COSTA BLANCA?
Posted: 14 February 2008 05:51 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-02-14

My house was cabled when built and the urbanisation does not allow sky dishes or mesh to be installed.  When I first bought the house I had Torresat installed but they have now converted to digital and I am not sure if my TV (Carrefour Blue Sky TV just over 3 years old) is compatible.  Would anybody know?

I need a new service and don’t want to be buying something that is illegal or mega expensive as the house is only used for part of the year.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Posted: 14 February 2008 07:04 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

couold you explan what you need to get ..... you do say that there no dish allow any dish in you Urbanisation , Under EU law this is wrong and spanish law aswell

but i would be very pissed off that i cna get what i want after spending 200,000 on a flat are house to told no Antenna out side you flat
i look up the law on that for you

please tell me what you need to get as in tv channels
jurdy

Posted: 14 February 2008 07:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-02-14

Hello Jurdy

Thank you for your response.  It was a community decision not to have them as the whole urbanisation is cabled and it is a decision that I favoured as I find dishes and meshes very unsightly.  However I now need to have some form of entertainment other than Spanish channels.  The 5 British channels would be sufficient at this time.

If you can give suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks.

Jackie

Posted: 14 February 2008 07:30 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

have you tryed the Spanish TDT , Spanish T D T ( Freeview ) has about 30 channels and box 39 - 55 euros say one in El cort (Elchle)
La Sexta now broadcasts enlish language on some programmes.

The Sopranos
NCIS
Third watch
The king of queens
The practice
Law and Order

you just wire up to you tv point on the wall and it should work

Now i have 4 dish and 2 Antenna on the roof of my flat and no one has say any thing to me

NOt including the 4 GHZ Antenna , live in the centre off Elchle know my landloard aswell

there is mmds system around but you have to have Antenna out side

You want 5 UK channels , no way unless you put up a dish

Posted: 14 February 2008 08:19 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

There is a very complex range of TV services available in the Costa Blanca - supplied via a range of dishes, cables and masts! I do know of urbanisations in San Luis Torrevieja and La Marina receiving most UK stations from a cable system terminated in a central dish or mast which does save every house having unsightly hardware.

I have noticed a regular poster Mike48 - perhaps he can shed some light as think he works in the TV industry

- or research the local papers where all of these companies advertise and at the moment I think are desperately looking for new customers!

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 14 February 2008 08:49 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-02-14

Thank you both for your responses.  Not easy to negotiate when living in the UK.

Jackie

Posted: 14 February 2008 09:25 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Telemicro is in the area off La Marina ,Gran Alacant , elche area (think i am get the back feed off the Antenna ) ....
Mike48 - perhaps he can shed some light. As i work in the radio industry but not reciveing it but the brodcasting off it
sorry cant help any more ( i am the one get the singles ready for shipping , )

jurdy

Posted: 14 February 2008 09:26 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-14

jl,

i have digital tv from torresatilit. my tv is over five years old and works no problem. just connect the scart lead and away you go

jb

Posted: 14 February 2008 09:51 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-02-14

Hello JB

Thank you for the info.  Would you have a telephone or fax no. or email address as I am trying to arrange this from the UK.  Also, can you remember how much you paid?

Many thanks.

Posted: 16 February 2008 11:12 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

It is quite common for the Community association to disallow large dishes,  but that can be changed by attending the meeting and lobbying for a large dish to be fitted serving the community,, On Urbanisation and blocks of apartments, unfortunately the builders build them to a spanish specification which provides for the reception of both Spanish terrestrial and Spanish Sat TV, usually of Hispat at 30W, (No Good for UK TV Im afraid).

The fitting of a small dish would probably not be a problem, and with a dish as small as say 90CM u should get programmes of 28.2E (The sky platform) such as True movies and a few other movie channels, Men and Motors,, loads of the free channels mostly shopping derived, (BBC radio would be available as would a host of other UK based radio channels)and then others such as Sky News , etc etc, further if you subscribe to a SKY contract package you will get a fair proportion of the Sky entertainment channels,  BBC1/ITV is usually only available with a dish of 1,5M or larger depending on area.

There are quite a lot of rebroadcasters and they may be available in your area, these basically received SKY , BBC ITV etc, and then rebroadcast via a small dish or mesh system, best place is to look in the local mags etc,

There are other satellites available , which have a good selectin of programmes a lot of which are broadcast in English, ( YOu would need to sift thru all the channels and Satellites listed here to decide if it is of value to your (http://www.kingofsat.net )

Finally , if you have a good access to a broadband internet link (With a fairly high speed and bandwith) there are a couple of TV streaming sites that you can access and watch directly off then connected thru to your TV (see https://www.liveuktv.com/index.asp ),, U can have free trial for about 7 days to see if the system is gonna work for you. or another option is that BBC and ITV CH4 are now streaming the channels via their websites, unfortunately they have got some form of restriction on that means you will have to pay and download a proxy switcher ( See here http://www.shareup.com/Proxy_Switcher-download-27045.html ), which stops the distant site from locating you and therefore if you can find a proxy in the UK you should be able to stream direct!!

On the question of your TV, for about the last 4/5 years most TV’s have autoswtiching to choose the RF receiving system IE Pal G, or PAL I or Secam, and even the america NTSC standard, so you shouldnt have any trouble receiving channels, in any event any form of digital receiver using a scart lead to your TV will get around that problem.

Thats about the limit of my current knowledge on this subject,

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 17 February 2008 12:08 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Mike thanks for that replay but unless you want to put up a dish your not get any off them uk channels .... Ask your urbanisation 2 put on bbc tv for you on there cables system
jurdy

‹‹ Web standards      Cheap Computing Stores ››