Declaracion de Renta Madrid(LAs Rozas-Pozuelo,...)
Posted: 11 March 2008 07:12 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2007-05-16

Hi all,

My girlfriend is asking me every day to talk with “Hacienda” to declare our income in a couple of months:-)
But I have NO IDEA where I have to register or with whom i’ve got to speak to declare my income(declaracion de renta for UE citizen)

Any suggestions? I live in Las Rozas, so if you know a delegation o hacienda nearby..please let me know.

many thanks

Cheers

Posted: 11 March 2008 09:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Many banks are prepared to help with the Declaracion de renta, and it saves a lot of time in Hacienda (even when you find it)

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 12 March 2008 03:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2006-12-15

The time period for requesting la declaracion de la renta 2007 started on 3rd March and it’s dead easy to do over the internet. Go to:

http://www.agenciatributaria.es

then click on

Renta 2007

solicitud de borrador

This will open a new window and you need to fill in your NIE number and name. If you haven’t declared before click on the box ‘no declarante’ and then follow the stages. I think you’ll need to fill in your address.

This will register you with the tax office and they will send you a borrador which is a draft of the tax return. Once you get that you can check it through (if you understand any of it, which quite frankly I don’t!) and then make an appointment through the same webpage to go and talk to someone to help you change it. The government sets up an office (at least where I live) for people to go and talk to someone about their tax return, make any changes and then submit it. I’ve found their advice to be very good and helpful and it’s all provided by the government. No struggling through self-assessment like in the UK!

You can then give them your bank account and hopefully receive the tax rebate a few months later, or alternatively give them your bank account number and watch as the money quickly disappears!

The next year the tax office will automatically send the borrador once the time period of the declaracion has opened.

Good luck!

Posted: 13 March 2008 07:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Alternatively you can speak to a gestor who will do the tax return for you for about 60 euro. You just need to go with your NIE, if you work you will also get a certificado de retenciones from your employer, from the bank you automatically get another sort of certificate required for the return. If you make any charitable donations, pay a mortgage, \bought a property last year, pay IBI, have children and i think even if you pay rent these all matter and are taken into account. Last year was my first time doing a tax declaration in Spain and the borrador system didn’t work for me hence i used the gestor. Now i am in the system and have requested my borrador this year (waiting to see if i receive it) and hope to use the free service from the tax office. The gestor i used is in Las Rozas, let me know if you want his details. He did get some money back for me… that’s the important thing!!

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com