Is it possible to teach English as autonomo?
Posted: 19 March 2008 03:49 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-18

[size=3][/size

Hello—I hope someone can help me out with some info.  Got a bunch of questions.  First I have been teaching English under the table for almost 5 yrs.—and have had much success and would like to continue but I really want to see if I can work at a school—or some institution—for the reason that I?d like to buy a flat, etc. and it just looks better to have a steady job here.  My first question—-is it possible to teach English and desclare oneself autonomo?  I once asked a lawyer and he said it wasn?t possible if I didn?t do my studies in English Filology.  Is that true?  I have been teaching English for over 8-9 yrs.—I?ve done trainging such as Berlitz, and other academies, but haven?t done the tefl yet.  I?m planning to do it on-line.  Can anyone tell me about what the teaching prospects are if one studies on line?  Is anyone familiar with LTTC —London teachers Trainging College?  I have my work permit in check and just want to get a regular teaching position.  I would really appreciate any info or advice.  Dani

Posted: 11 April 2008 02:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-04-11

Hi Dani,

First of all, where are you from?

Cheers,

Paul

Posted: 12 April 2008 05:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-25

Cheers!  You sound English! 😊  You also sound very pissed off in your message.  I think it pisses you off to know that someone who isn?t EU citizen has a LEGAL WORK PERMIT!  😊  For your information it is LEGAL.  I take it that you think that I?m bragging.  It wasn?t my intention, but that?s okay.  I got it like any Non EU foreigner would get it legally, it?s the only way.  You sound pissed and angry in your message to know that someone can get this far if their not a EU member.  Well surprise—when you got it you got!  The Spanish people like me, because I?m not Anglo like you are.  Yes I?m from the U.S.A. and that pisses you off even more.  I use the hyphens————because I just like to and use them when I write e-mails.  You are a pretty uptight person, that is another reason why the Spanish like me————-because I?m not an uptight `Anglo? and I don?t try to act superior to them—————more hyphens for you—-I treat them with respect and as equals.  That is why the Spanish people have contracted me and I have my work permit and have been teaching English for so long.  When they laugh at the Anglos I do too, because I?m not one! Your message sounded so nasty and negative———-I hope to God that your not an English teacher, because the last thing children need are nasty, negative and uptight teachers.  I?m not like that and that is why I have been teaching for so long!  It isn?t just knowing how to teach a language correctly—it is also knowing how to be a decent person with a natural ability to teach, and I will repeat with hyphens—-porque me da la gana! —that is why I have been teaching for so long!  I only sent the message out to find out if anyone could be helpful, but you weren?t helpful at all.  You were just plain nasty and rude—so much for English education.  I will repeat, I hope your not an English teacher because you have a really bad and negative attitude and you shouldn?t be around children.

Cheers to you too—-?Mala leche! -
——if you don?t know what this means in Spanish then that just says everything—go figure! 
Oh.  If you haven?t got anything good to say—-it?s better not to write back.  It?s just a waste of energy and I will just delete it anyway.  I don?t like nasty or negative people.

Posted: 12 April 2008 11:35 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-04-11

For the record, my partner is from the USA.

Paul

Posted: 13 April 2008 01:12 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-25

Hello Paul,

No you didn?t piss me off.  I?m a very peaceful person and don?t like to be negative or discourage people and I don?t like when people try to do it to me.  Many of my students tell me about the nasty teachers they have and it saddens me to know that there are people out there who study to be teachers and in the end they turn out to be bad teachers.  Most of the time because their negative and many times make the students feel bad or discouraged.  I just wanted advice and I found your message very nasty.  I have friends from all over the world and many from England.  I?m also a fan of English humour.  I just found your message very negative and it reflected how you felt when you read my message—-as clear as water.  In my life I have always tried my best to encourage not discourage and I think that is why I have been teaching for so long in Spain.  I wish you good luck too.

Peace.