Hola, new to Madrid!
Posted: 03 September 2006 01:17 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-08-21

I’m a 34-year-old American opera singer who recently up & ditched my whole life in New York to move to Madrid after touring with an opera company here in Spain for two months and falling crazy in love…with the country.

Best decision I ever made.  Now all I have to do is learn to speak Spanish.  It’s coming…slowly…

I’m in and out of town and back and forth to the USA frequently, gigging, but would love to hear from other Madrid-ian expat types and am always up for coffee (or drinks if I don’t have to sing the next day!).  Would it be ok to post upcoming performances here, to this thread or elsewhere?  Admins?

Thanks! 

Your very own,
Konstanze

Posted: 08 September 2006 02:02 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-08

Hi There,

Im also new in Madrid, have been living in London for the last 8 years & decided to move back to Spain but now miss London & its cosmopolitan atmosphere! Have I lost my roots or what????

Anyway give me a shout if you fancy meeting up for a coffee in Madrid! By the way I like opera!

Patricia

Posted: 12 September 2006 02:04 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-12

Hi there,

This is Patricia again, I know you have sent me a message titled “Coffee” but unfortunately I cant access it as I have forgotten my password (too many password for everything one does in life, thats why…)

Anyway I have had to register again with a new email, etc, etc so can you please send me the message again to this account.

Cheers

Patricia

Posted: 04 December 2006 08:14 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-04

Hi - I’m a 32 year old canadian gal living about an hour and a half north of Madrid - in Aranda de Duero.  If I’m coming inot Madrid one weekend - which I would like to - I’d love to meet up for a coffee and have a fluent conversation in English 😊  My Spanish is also coming along but sometimes I just miss talking without translating everything in my head.  Anyway - let me know if you’re interested.  I’d love to hear about life in Madrid.

Posted: 24 December 2006 11:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-12-24

My wife and I are moving to Madrid on the 17th of January from Seattle washington.  If you would like to email us we can be reached at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Raif and Lisa