LIVING & WORKING IN SPAIN
Posted: 11 October 2006 05:17 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-11

My Husband and I and our 2 young children are moving to Spain from London.  We have a vague idea about the region we would like to live in (Costa del Sol) but not knowing the area, we need some assistance.  We are looking for the following:

Residential (good community of Spanish & Expats)
Near Spanish Schools
Good transport - major town easily accessible
Not too hilly
Near Community/Sports Centre
does not have to be close to beach
close to shops/markets etc

We also intend to find work once we get there - I am a Personal Assistant/Office Manager and my husband is a Bus Driver/Sales Consultant.

One more thing, I know there are many of you who have made the move - how did you go about it ie plan of action. Recommendations would also be helpful.

No doubt there will be more questions as we get nearer to the move.

Thanks
Belinda

Posted: 04 January 2007 05:36 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-01-04

If you are moving to Spain and don’t know which areas to look at I would like to make a suggestion for your consideration.

I have lived in Lliria, just to the north of the city of Valencia, with my wife for the last three years. It is a great place to live. It is very convenient for the coast, the city of Valencia (the metro starts here) and for Valencia airport. The area is very Spanish but there are 2 or 3 bars owned by English people where it is possible to meet friends who speak your language.

I bought my house through an estate agent, Barcel?, who have a dedicated English-speaking team and were very helpful, not only in finding us a house but also in helping us to settle into our new life when we arrived in Spain. You can see all about them and the properties they have for sale by visiting their website www.barceloinmobiliarias.com.

‹‹ Moving to spain next year      COST OF FUEL ››