Internet connection using dial up
Posted: 25 October 2008 01:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-10-25

Help,
I currently have internet connection using dial up on my old computer.  I recently purchased a new laptop in the UK with Windows Vista, one problem, there no modem so I took my laptop into the local computer shop to get a usb modem to enable me to dial up the internet.  The shop installed the modem but is also having problems connecting to the internet using dial up.

On my old computer I had to install a telefonica disk for the internet connection.  The shop tells me that I don’t need a disk.

Is there anyone out there in computer land that knows what the problem is?  Do I need to install a new disk that is compatible with Windows Vista?, if so where do I get one from?

I telephoned telefonica but they referred me to another number (their technical help line) but unfortunately they don’t speak english so I am unable to tell them what the problem is.
Thanks in advance
Peewee

Posted: 15 November 2008 03:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-15

Hi I work for a company that deals with this everyday, we have our own dial up service and have customers that have a dial up internet connection with an external modem using Vista. if you want more info then call me on 965 74 1161 ask for Cheryl

Posted: 15 November 2008 06:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-10-25

Thanks for the info.  We have now found someone in Nerja who has sorted out the problem.  It was two things causing this, one being the lead supplied with the modem wasn’t working and also Norton was having an effect. so now we are up and running.

Julie