US Citizen Needs Help with a Visa for Religious Activities
Posted: 07 September 2011 12:17 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-07

Hi!

I’m a US citizen who has applied for a visa for religious activities. I’ll be living and working as a missionary in Spain. I’ve run into a bit of a problem…

I gathered all of the required documents for the visa and applied at the Spanish Consulate in San Francisco. Then about 8 weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from the consulate, asking me to submit documentation that shows I’m qualified to do religious work.

The big issue is that the consulate here in the US couldn’t tell me what kind of documentation I should send. So I’m basically just guessing!

Wondering if anyone out there has ever applied for this visa, or if anyone else has any thoughts?!

My thought is to send them a letter of recommendation from the Pastor of the church I’m being sent from here in the states. I’m just worried that if I get it wrong, they’ll deny me, and I’ll have to start the whole process over again!

Uggggghhhh!

Any thoughts?

Posted: 07 September 2011 12:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

mspoppy Hi,

Proof of theological qualifications perhaps?

Spain takes its religion very seriously so…

Spain as a missionary? Do they need missionaries?

A more deeply religious Catholic community would be hard to find outside of Rome as witness all of the fervor of the Saints Days.

Could be a case of preaching to the choir!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 07 September 2011 02:35 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

Hi!

I’m a US citizen who has applied for a visa for religious activities. I’ll be living and working as a missionary in Spain. I’ve run into a bit of a problem…

I gathered all of the required documents for the visa and applied at the Spanish Consulate in San Francisco. Then about 8 weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from the consulate, asking me to submit documentation that shows I’m qualified to do religious work.

The big issue is that the consulate here in the US couldn’t tell me what kind of documentation I should send. So I’m basically just guessing!

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/SanFrancisco/en/MenuPpal/ServiciosConsularesVisados/Visados/Documents/ReligiousActivities.pdf

have you read the document in this link especially number 5?

Wondering if anyone out there has ever applied for this visa, or if anyone else has any thoughts?!

My thought is to send them a letter of recommendation from the Pastor of the church I’m being sent from here in the states. I’m just worried that if I get it wrong, they’ll deny me, and I’ll have to start the whole process over again!

there are many mormon missionaries in spain, proselytizing, i guess you are not a mormon missionary, otherwise you wouldn’t have any problems. there are also muslim imams preaching in the mosques, i have even seen some rabbis.  so i guess your religious congregation should know how to accredit you as their missionary.

Posted: 07 September 2011 03:27 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-07

Thanks so much for your responses!

foxbat - 07 September 2011 12:44 AM

Proof of theological qualifications perhaps?

Spain takes its religion very seriously so…

Spain as a missionary? Do they need missionaries?

That’s the kind of proof I was thinking as well. I don’t have a theological degree, but I do have a license from the organization that’s sending me…

The funny thing is that I’m going to Spain to work with a really cool charity called 24/7 Ibiza. Most of the people I deal with are actually British!

aritz - 07 September 2011 02:35 AM

http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/SanFrancisco/en/MenuPpal/ServiciosConsularesVisados/Visados/Documents/ReligiousActivities.pdf

have you read the document in this link especially number 5?

Me and that document are great friends! I actually did submit that letter with my original application. Now they’re asking for something a little deeper. I’m really not sure why they don’t include that in the origianal requierements!

Posted: 07 September 2011 04:51 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ok dont get me wrong , lot think go on there , the island has long histroy , from early days been know as for Hippy area in the 60s/70s moving to 90s it became a maka for club/dance/trance music chill-out music but now the island looking to improve it self by Ibiza Rocks who feature more live acts than the established clubs. The brand now runs the most famous youth hotel on the island, Ibiza Rocks Hotel.  island’s ability to attract higher income families in large numbers Ibiza is also home to the legendary “port” in the district of Ibiza, a popular stop for many tourists and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site . The Ibiza municipalities have been marketing to more upmarket and familys holidays , The island’s government is trying to encourage a more cultured and quieter tourism scene, passing rules including the closing of all nightclubs by 6 a.m. at the latest, and requiring all new hotels to be 5-star.  The administration is wanting to attract a more international mixture of tourists . try to get away from the young drunks , sex and durgs sceen ,

religious activities in spain well across EU now under the light , due few problems with child abuse case ,
Spain been very religious Catholic community , i would say older people , younger been not so ...

have your paper work in order , you need it . and many need bank account , insurance , police recored , and so on
Jurdy