vaccination laws in spain
Posted: 23 August 2006 06:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-23

Hi there. I am an American living in the UK, and my husband is considering a job in Spain.  I am looking for information online on the vaccine laws for children in Spain, ie for entering school. In the US it is “mandatory” but with exemptions for those who choose not to vaccinate, in the UK it is optional, and I am wondering what kind of system is set up in Spain….

Thank you very much for your help on this important question!

Posted: 30 August 2006 02:06 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-07-23

not sure is mandatory. as the vaccine changes according the areas, check this link :
http://www.msc.es/ciudadanos/proteccionSalud/infancia/vacunaciones/programa/vacunaciones.htm

Signature 

“Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life”

Posted: 27 September 2006 02:12 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-09-27

I had to bring documented proof of my son’s vaccination record.

They didn’t seem too happy that i had decided not to give him the MMR (it was really contraversial in the UK at the time)

I eventually had to succumb to my doctors disapproving attitude, and my son had the vaccine here in Spain.
Bearing in mind that the doctor had Polio when he was a child, so dont know if this had a significant bias to his opinion.

Jools

Posted: 27 September 2006 09:41 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-23

My husband also had polio as a child and he was the one who got me to look into the whole issue and we are both wholeheartedly in support of NOT vaccinating our son 😊 Thank you for chiming in!
Tracy