A WHOLE bunch of questions.
Posted: 28 June 2012 06:51 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-28

Hello forum!

I’m a 20 year old Canadian looking to move to spain and I have a bunch of questions. Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

1) I am an irish citizen afaik based on my mother being born in dublin, however I only have a Canadian passport, but I shouldn’t need to file for anything other than residencia, correct?

2) I would ideally like to buy a motorcycle pretty much as soon as I land. If anyone could give me a rough idea on cost for an average bike, insurance per month, average fuel pricing, etc so I can plan things out financially that would be awesome.

3) Related to my last question, what is the licencing like for bikes? Is it a long, drawn out, arduous process like it is here, or is it a little easier/more straight forward?

4) I know the job situation (and everything else financial) isn’t great in spain right now, but does being english speaking (learning spanish at the moment and already speak a pretty good deal) and having experience with a fortune500 help at all? Or will those two things still push me under the locals in the resume pile?

5) I’m sure I will think of more as soon as I walk away from the computer, but if anyone has any tips or things to avoid in my move that would be great to hear.

Thanks guys and girls 😊