Expired work contract question?
Posted: 15 October 2006 10:34 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-10-15

I am from the UK and have been working for the past 5 months for a company in Barcelona.  When I started working for them I was given a 3 month contract, but that expired in August - yet I have still been working for the company without them renewing my contract.  In my original contract it stated that I have to give 15 days notice when leaving my employment. 

My question is that I have been offered a new job with a different company here in Barcelona, but they want me to start working for them more or less immediately.  As my contract has expired, am I still legally bound to give them the 15 days notice?  If I don’t give my 15 days notice, what can they do to me - are they still legally bound to pay me for the recent work I have done for them?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Posted: 21 October 2006 05:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-08-24

I would try to be paid for the work done without contract. And ,of course, as you are not legally binded to them by amy contract ,you don?t need to give any kind of legal pre-advice. Just let them know and do what is more convinient for you.

Best,

Signature 

Mar?a L. de Castro
Lawyer
http://www.costaluzlawyers.es
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)