student visa logistics
Posted: 18 April 2008 08:52 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-04-17

hello. i want to study german in spain for 9 months. i know its weird, but i’ve found a language school that allows me to take class 5 hours a week, and i’d just live in barcelona and hang out. i know i have the money (parents will write me a letter that says they will support me—-this isnt really the case at all but they will just write the letter for the visas sake)

do you know if i can get a visa with a letter from the language school (in barcelona) that will say i will be taking less than 20 hours/week??

has anyone had experience with this? if it makes a difference i would be going to the consulate in NYC, USA.

muchisimas gracias. y hablo bien el espanol, y tambien he estudiado nuevas idiomas en otras lenguas. por ejemplo aprend? france en espa?ol y tambien estudi? un poco de aleman en portugues , asi que el problema de estudiar aleman en espa?ol no ser?a nada dificil para mi

muchas gracias de nuevo, ojala que tengais un poco de informaci?n que podria ayudarme!!

aviva

Posted: 19 April 2008 05:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-04-19

I’m not sure if your parents can just write a letter, the last time I checked you had to have actual bank statements proving that you had sufficient funds (something like ~300?—for a student visa—per month that you are in Spain.

Though, like I said, I’m not 100% sure, but good luck anyway!

-octavio