Dyslexia in spanish schools
Posted: 28 May 2008 01:11 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-03-16

Hi,

Has anyone had any experiences with children who are Dyslexic learning spanish.  Our son is 8years old and has been
struggling in school with Reading and writing and has now been assesssed as Dyslexic.  He is not severe
but has found it very hard at school.  He is now having extra help at school which has made a dramatic difference.  We have been
planning to move to Spain for 2 years and are set for September this year.  Initially I was going to put him into an International
school but would like him to go to a local spanish school so we intergrate better.  I am concerned now that he will find it really
hard, although i have been informed that Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn for Dyslexics due to the nature of the
alphabet.  His Vocabulary is excellent on par with a 10year old.  I would be interested to hear from anyone with similar experiences. We are moving to the Valencia region of spain near Xativa.

Thank you

Gina g

Posted: 29 May 2008 01:49 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

i would think he is all so go with his hands ? some off the big people who been big muilt millions are Dyslexic , think you need a computer software that would work for you kid in spain My self been Dyslexic its just add to my life and think one best thinks i still over come ever day
i do have help for lots here and living in spain is not me running away for my problems , i get to travel and slove problems for people around the world
just need that kick in the morring to get out the bed and do some work

A very good freind (whos passed away) was so good to me in getting me up and working , ha motivate the work i was looking for

i now fine google is good for spellings

please keep me update date what happens there , still a big kid here
jurdy