1 2 > 
1 of 2
Telemicro tv
Posted: 12 August 2008 11:57 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-07-29

Hi,does anyone have any idea what is happening with telemicro? Went to new office in San Luis today with query on payments and the office was empty apart from 6 Guardia Civil looking for someone called Julian.Now all channels seem to have disappeared and as usual all phone lines are engaged or out of service.

Posted: 13 August 2008 01:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

was raided and taken off air , hope you where cought out , that end off that then , Crackdown on sky TV Systems out side UK(Spain) here the link to it
http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/2844/
Guardia visiting the offices today and arresting people involved in the rebroadcasting of channels hear was back up by Madrid
years ago this system where open all over the place but with out paper work and would rebrodcast channels with out there Knowledge
last year this company where told to stop rebroadcasting Channels with out getting the right papper work , ie bbc,itv.ch4 and make it very better rebroadcasting sly tv paychannels with out payying for them .... so that knocked , well that knocked the door down with very big paper work know as court order
so if you get a cheap box and year for 100 euros ,it be a nice door stop
back crack down all over spain

Posted: 13 August 2008 06:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-13

Hi we live in the North Costa Blanca just outside Benidorm, our tv went yesterday but the reception has been very poor for the last month or so.  Tried every telephone number of every installer and office I can find all to no avail.  If this situation has arisen due to SKY?s crackdown, why dont they explore the possibility of broadcasting here in Spain, with 274,000 registered Brits surely they are missing out on a very profitable business!!!!!

If anyone gets any further info please let me know.

Posted: 14 August 2008 01:20 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

SKY?s crackdown ha , and who buy Digial+,  yes sky , all MONE AND GRONE when you dont have it , fine cheap way getting it , and where told there where going off air now , how got you 300 euros? and rent for the year

got dish here and have sly for 4 years now and still have my freeveiw with more channels coming on it friday coming Ha

read last june , about the english guy would move back if his sky sport was cut off .... via the company that gone , ha want lift to the airport ? cheap scate say hes looking for 1 cent fare to UK aswell LOL

this company did not pay bbc. sly and company to rebrodcast there singles ansd end up in court and was told to pay them are get shut down

now if want it back you pay for bbc itv Channel 4 say way you been get it via mmds system but this company were money grabbers and wont pay any one

rents power bills unpayed wages the list gose on

stop given out and buy a dish

Posted: 14 August 2008 04:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-08-14

general word on various forums seems telemico and customers money gone but can anyone advise on how to get tv back on with another company who hopefully won’t dissappear in a few months ??  not technical at all so no chance of fitting something ourselves.      second time caught out, first time local boys fitted dish, box for one off fee.  programmes lasted all of 3 months and now telemicro. 
i’ve emailed sunshine fm radio as they still advertise being part of telemicro group and still on air so surely they must be aware of whats going on but as of writting have had no reply or even voiced issue within their local news…....  wonder why !!!!!!

Posted: 14 August 2008 10:53 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

all this comapny are getting shut down , dont waste you money on them , watching few spanish forums here for tv and radio , get a dish and you wont have any down times then

Posted: 14 August 2008 11:47 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-08-14

thanks for reply.  already got a solid dish on roof that first cowboys fitted plus mesh that telemicro fited and roof or garden not big enough for the really large dishes.  as i said, not technical at all when it comes to tv, satilite dishes, receivers etc so when you say “get a dish”,  where from ????????  only know how to change channels !!!!!!!  :down:  anyone else in same boat as non technical me ???

Posted: 15 August 2008 02:21 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

1 where are you 2 what channel do you want , 3 can you put up a 1.8 meter dish in you house
jurdy

Posted: 15 August 2008 07:41 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Telemicro have been shutdown and unlikely to start up again under the same name, basically the retransmission of Uk licensed programmes is illegal, including the frequencies they were using causing problems with other legal and authorised users,

In Benidorm you will need a minimum of a 1.8M dish to receive channels such as BBC1, ITV1,2,3,4, Channel 4 and channel 5 you may be able to get on a smaller dish,

you say you have a Solid dish on the roof,(It was probably a 1.3m which was ok about 5 years ago but then went off after a few monthss, which means you may have been a victim of the reduction of signal strength caused by the service providers going on to Satellite Astra2D which was designed to reduce transmissions and reception in non UK countries ( licence, broadcasting rights and the like), This happend about 4 or 5 years ago, Then everybody had to upgrade to a bigger dish IE min 1,8M., after the signal reduction in the past there was some problems with reception in some areas of the UK , so it is unlikely that further reductions in signal strentght will happen.  With the Sky Cards being offered for reception of CH4 and CH5, there is a slight risk that these cards could be deactivated as auser check by sky which will require you to phone sky, if they identify you as being outside of the UK they will permanently deactivate the card, and probably the box will not be able to be used on another card as they will have the serial number when you try to reactivate it,!! Beware

For service and install in Benidorm area Ring Kate at Digital satellite on 965 854 528. There are based behind the La Marina Shopping centre at Finestrat.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 15 August 2008 11:54 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-15

Hi
I live near Villamartin and there are agents locally trying to sell us a Solaris TV package to include the Sky premium channels.  Obviously the sales agents are very reassuring and tell you that they are fully licenced but, following the Telmicro debacle, I am nervous about shelling out for another white elephant - can you please advise if they are legal?

Many Thanks
Ian

Posted: 15 August 2008 04:58 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

any this company camt not sell you Sky premium channels. , sky have NO right to brodcasted in Spain , only Digialplus have the right and the company your talk about will have there single turn off soon aswell . this is any on going thing with the spanish dept of communications . i have email to get the full story but was told people are out office as the inthe East off spain working ....

get dish and you have no problems
jurdy

Posted: 09 September 2008 08:33 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Early on this this morring Guardia civil and MINISTROS heads are on the satellite station roof at the taking down antenna .
think that put the end to telemirco

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:39 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

If I get a Sky system installed in Spain, can I bring my Sky card from the UK to view all the channels I subscribe to in the UK?

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 30 April 2009 03:07 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Yes you can , keep you bank account top up for the payments to sky , bring you box and card with you to spain , just dont ring sky from you Spanish telphone line if you have problems ...  Copyright say you sould have sky tv outside UK and Ireland ... 
try keep the uk address you have for the card are used freind are family
jurdy

Posted: 30 April 2009 03:54 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

Great, thanks - I only spend 2-3 months in Spain a year so this should work perfectly.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 30 April 2009 06:26 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

just bring you box and card , with you to spain . should no problems
jurdy

1 2 > 
1 of 2