Hello and Thanks
Posted: 28 November 2006 07:41 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-28

I just found this site today and wanted to say ‘Hello’ and ‘Thank you’ for the informative threads.  My other half and I have been considering a move to Fuerteventura for a couple of years now.  Having just come back last week we started to research in ernest. 

Not sure if this site has any members from the Canary Islands but would really appreciate any views regarding our daughter.  She is 12 years old and next year will pick her options for her GCSE’s at secondary school.  We have all recently undertaken Spanish lessons which are proving very easy for her (she is already learning French and German at after school classes), at the moment she is an grade ‘A’ student and should she continue this way (knowing that 13 and above is a very tricky time) is looking forward to a bright future and would like to be a vet.

It seems from conversations with ex-pats whilst we were there and research since we came back that the older children struggle to integrate into schools the last thing we would want to is to jeopordise her future.

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa