Mains Electric
Posted: 13 April 2009 05:04 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-04-13

we have a new house built and have all our legal paperwork(build licence,first occupation licence,boletins,etc)
we have been given a consumer water contract,but the electricity company(endesa) through a sub-contractor
have given us a presupuesto of 35,000 euros to get mains electric.all of our neighbours have electric and we
have two man-hole cover within a few metres of our villa.Since my local lawyer has told me that they have a
legal obligation to provide us with power,can anyone suggest a lawyer,in spain or otherwise,that can get results?

Posted: 14 April 2009 11:42 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
davidturner - 13 April 2009 05:04 PM

we have a new house built and have all our legal paperwork(build licence,first occupation licence,boletins,etc)
we have been given a consumer water contract,but the electricity company(endesa) through a sub-contractor
have given us a presupuesto of 35,000 euros to get mains electric.all of our neighbours have electric and we
have two man-hole cover within a few metres of our villa.Since my local lawyer has told me that they have a
legal obligation to provide us with power,can anyone suggest a lawyer,in spain or otherwise,that can get results?

Hmmmm sounds a Tad expensive, have you asked for a breakdown of costs, as if the power is available as near as you say, you may be getting the bill for upgrading the infrastructure ( IE the local transformer has reached capacity and now it needs to be resized plus heavier duty cabling), not uncommon situation, unfortunately, where last man in gets the bill.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 14 April 2009 01:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-10-24

It could be cheaper to get your own electrical generator ...  This is so typical Spain, almost impossible to believe.

Posted: 14 April 2009 11:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

davidturner , what ? get out the push bike with the generator .... 1 who got power beside you 2 manhole is whos ? 3 have you open it see what in it , becarful not to touch any think in side it as could discount phone cable power and so on
jurdy

Warining ! this manhole are havey , watch fingers and backs