Work visa or work permit for canadians?
Posted: 15 April 2009 03:37 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-02-21

Hello, could you tell me please, holders of Canadian passport have to get work visa in Spain in order to work there, or just work permit?
Thank you.

Posted: 15 April 2009 03:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Somethings you need to know

1) If you are Transferred from an Existing Employment In Canada to work in one of your employers offices in Spain You need a Works Visa

2) If you are seeking to work here in Spain Its a Work Permit/Visa BUT If you are seeking this option FORGET IT…
As Spain have for the time being “SUSPENDED” all work Seekers VISAS / Permits from ABROAD (Outside EU) “Unless Job Offer Was Excepted”  In other words an employer has hired you EXTERNALLY…

Wishing you luck!

Posted: 15 April 2009 04:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21

But is it visa or permit u need anyway?? It’s different things you know.. for example, if i’m holder of EU permanent residence i need only work permit.. and it’s way easier to get in compare to work visa.

Posted: 15 April 2009 04:24 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

I know the Spanish System VERY well… If You are What you said “CANDIAN CITIZEN” and Want A work Permit / Visa…
Then Read this Article
http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/visas_in_spain_for_work_or_holiday/

Like I said before If you are here to “Seek Work” and you need a Visa Forget it.. PSOE Government have Suspended all Visas / Permits for Outside EU due to All work drying up for “Spanish Citizens” By Royal Decree..

But

If you Are An EU Citizen With a EU National Passport then all you need is to Go To the Social Security office with your EU passport and they will give you an Social security Number then you can work or “Seek Work”.

Regards

Posted: 15 April 2009 06:40 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21

Thank you again for your explanation.
Could you tell me please about not EU citizen with EU passport, but holders of EU Permanent Residence Card. Is it true that they have the same rights as EU citizens?

Posted: 15 April 2009 06:48 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

MMmmm Thats a real tricky one… May I ask what Nationality are you?

As For Eu Citizen Card Holders Only ... I would hazard a “Guess” it would only work that it would only Work and be Legal in the country that you have you Citizenship in… As Here In Spain I know of Several Cases That A EU Passport is needed to Secure any sort of “Official Documents”

However….. I have found (Actually My Colleague Found 😊 ) This Website… It Should some how help you understand “EU Citizen Card Holder” Situation.

http://www.diyexpat.com/visaguide/eupermresFAQ.html

Regards

Mac

Posted: 15 April 2009 07:17 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21

I’m Russian, with Russian & Israeli citizenship, legally working for some years in Czech Republic. I understand, that it’s not so much and Czech Republic will come to full rights of EU only in 2011 as i know, but it’s already in Shengen and so on… and i just want to know if i have some chances about Spain, because i like it…
I asked about Canada on behalf of my friend.

And yes, thank you for this site, it’s good.. they say nothing specifically, but the main point is that EU card holders still have a lot of restrictions. Anyway, if they don’t need to get work visa, only work permit - it’s already a good thing..

Posted: 15 April 2009 07:20 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

“The Free World” “I Have A Dream” Is not yet Free and The Dream Has Not Come True (Excuse The Puns)

I wish you lots of luck!!!!

Mac

Posted: 15 April 2009 07:24 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21

Thanks!..

Posted: 16 April 2009 08:29 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Try looking at this:

VISAS INFORMATION

LEGAL STATUS OF NON-EU CITIZENS IN SPAIN

http://extranjeros.mtin.es/es/InformacionInteres/FolletosInformativos/index.html

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 16 April 2009 08:32 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21

Thank you, i’ll read it… for me it’s interesting about EU permanent card holders & foreigners like canadian..

Posted: 11 July 2009 09:29 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-07-11

I am a Canadian citizen and i wanna visit my family in barcelona as I haven’t see them for almost 3 yrs..i wanna know if within those stays i found a job,do i need a working visa or working permit and can i process it there?Please let me know..thank you…

Posted: 11 July 2009 09:30 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-11

I am a Canadian citizen and i wanna visit my family in barcelona as I haven’t see them for almost 3 yrs..i wanna know if within those stays i found a job,do i need a working visa or working permit and can i process it there?Please let me know..thank you…

Posted: 11 July 2009 09:33 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-11

I am a Canadian citizen and i wanna visit my family in barcelona as I haven’t see them for almost 3 yrs..i wanna know if within those stays i found a job,do i need a working visa or working permit and can i process it there?Please let me know..thank you..

Posted: 04 October 2009 08:20 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-10-04

For North Americans wanting to get a 12 month student visa that allows you to work 20 hours a week teaching English.

There are two requirements:

1. You must take a 4 week Spanish and Culture Class approved by the government.
2. You must take a 4 week accredited Intensive TEFL Class (Teaching English as a foreign language)- THIS IS NOT A PARTY SCHOOL.

You can take the TEFL course first and begin working as a teacher while you are taking the Spanish and Culture Class.

Average teaching pays 15 euros per hour net and the visa allows you 20 hours per week ( on the books).  Private classes not included.

There is lots of demand.  If you are educated and can speak correctly, you will have no problem.  If you say ?dude? and ?like? after every other word, then this is not something you should peruse.

*once you are legally in Spain, you can begin looking for other employment opportunities and possible switch to a non student visa if you find a company to sponsor you.  By having a 12 month student visa, you can work at English Academies ONLY but at least you are legally in Spain and can start interviewing with other companies to find a sponsor, if that is what you want.  Otherwise it is an excellent 12 month experience.

The total cost is 2,000 euros for both courses and support.

Feel free to contact me for more info.  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

‹‹ Afiliaci?n?      tourist visa ››