What do I need for getting my residencia?
Posted: 16 September 2009 09:02 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-05-21

Hello

My girlfriend and I are going to get our residencia on Monday (21/9/09) and I want to be sure which documents to bring.

Some time ago I was at the police station to get an appointment and the person told me to bring passport, NIE document and the empadronamiento document. (Pay the bank fees and 3 nice photos)

So, I went off to the town hall, waited 3 hours in line and paid the 5? and went back next day to get the document.

Later my girlfriend went there and got the empadronamiento, but she was told that the document was only valid for 1 month, so she did not get the document because it was still some 2 months till our appointment at the police station.

Today I passed by the police station and decided to go in and ask (Just to be sure) and a person (Not the same as I talked to before) told me that the empadronamiento document was valid for 3 months BUT also that I would NOT need the empadronamiento document for getting the residencia.
He also handed me a nice paper which states:

Certificate of Registration E.U.

Documents required:
Application form (EX 16)
Valid passport + 1 copy
Taxes (10? paid in a bank before meeting)

I found the certificate online and it states:

Certificado de registro del ciudadano comunitario al que acompa?a o con el que va a reunirse, presentado junto
al pasaporte o documento de identidad, en vigor, de ?ste.

I am guessing this is the certificado de empadronamiento?

I do not feel like sitting 3 hours waiting for a 2 minute conversation at the town hall getting the two certificates.

So my questions are:
Do I need the empadronamiento document for getting the residencia?
If yes, is the document valid for 1 or 3 months?

Any other input would also be appreciated.

Kind regards
Martin

Posted: 16 September 2009 09:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2006-11-28

In Fuengirola, you cannot get your empadronamiento until you have your residencia. All we needed (as UK/EU citizens) was application form, NIE certificate because we had got this separately earlier, passport plus copy and receipt for fee payment. Picked up the certificate a few days later.

Certificado de registro del ciudadano comunitario - is the Residence (of the EEC) certificate not the padron.

Posted: 16 September 2009 09:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-21

Thank you for your answer Shaggymon!

It is exactly in Fuengirola we are going. Sound like I have everything ready then.

No pictures are needed I guess, since the new residencia card/document is without pictures identification?

PS. I went and got my empadronamiento only using my NIE/Rental contract/Passport.

But thanks for you quick answer. 😊

Posted: 16 September 2009 09:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2006-11-28

Correct no piccies needed. The new cerificate isn’t even a form of ID! A step backwards in my opinion.

I actually got my padron in the town hall at La Cala (the police stuff was in Fuengirola) - they definitely wanted the residencia (as well as the other stuff) but then again that was a Tuesday, could be different on another day!!!

Good luck!

Posted: 23 September 2009 11:20 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-21

I was there Monday and everything went smooth.

Was number 10 and took about 40 minutes before it was my turn.
And was out the door 10 minutes later.

Thanks for the help.