Old court fine, should I pay before I return?
Posted: 17 March 2010 12:20 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-17

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me with this, and also that I posted in the right section.

Basically during a holiday in Ibiza about 2 1/2 years ago I was caught drink driving a moped in San Antonio, now I know this was stupid and irresponsible, and I certainly don’t make a habit of drink driving, i had just rented the bike and only got 100 yards down the road.

I was subsequently told to appear at the court building in Ibiza town to face the charges.

I then was told I would be fined 500 euro’s, and as I didn’t have that money with me, I could pay by way of installments on my return to the UK.

They took my photocard driving license, along with copies of my passport, my contact details, name add. in England etc. but I never heard another word about it, now, I would have paid the fine if I had been contacted, but I haven’t, so my question is, what do you guys think I should do before I go back this year?,

Contact the relevant people and pay it before I go?
Assume it has been forgotten about and just turn up at the airport?

What’s the worst that could happen?, I just pay at the airport if my passport flags up?, or could they detain me thinking I have been evading the fine?.

I hope someone can be of help because I really want to go back to Spain, and this time behave myself!!.

Thanks for any replies.